CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR MEDICAL STUDENTS
EMERGENCY SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SYRIAN STUDENTS
(2015-2016 Academic YEAR)
Are you a 2nd , 3rd, 4th or 5th year Medical Student ?
Would you like to continue your Medical studies in Portugal ?
Eligibility and Application Overview
Potential participants must:
• Be a citizen, national or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the State of Syria;
• Have the refugee status in Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey or Iraq, or be currently residing in one of these countries;
• Be at least 18 years old by the time the programme begins
• Hold a higher secondary certificate
• Have completed at least the 1st year of Medicine with excellent marks and be enrolled for the 2nd year
• Have excellent academic performance
• Have financial need to continue his/her education
• Have a strong interest in a professional qualification
• Have strong motivation to contribute to his/her community
If you meet the above qualifications, you are invited to apply for one of our scholarships enabling you to continue your Medical studies in Portugal.
This scholarship programme is the outcome of joint efforts made by a multi-stake-holders Platform aimed at helping refugee Syrian students to access higher education. This scholarship programme will cover all tuition fees as well as living costs for the 2015-2016 Academic Year.
For more information about our programme, please consult our website: www.globalplatformforsyrianstudents.org
Application forms are available below:
The list of candidates shortlisted for scholarships will be available by 10 November 2015.
We strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Good luck !
the Global Platform for Syrian Students