The Permanent Missions of Portugal and Jordan, the Delegation of the European Union to the United Nations, the Global Alliance for Humanitarian Innovation (GAHI), Education Cannot Wait (ECW), and the Global Platform for Syrian Students (GP4SYS) invite you to a high-level side event to discuss strategies for investing in and accelerating the scale of innovations in emergency education.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Hon. Christos Stylianides, Commissioner, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management
- H.E. Dr. Bandar H.M. Hajjar, President, Islamic Development Bank
- The Hon. Augusto Santos Silva, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Portugal
- The Hon. Mary Kamel Kawar, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, Jordan
- Mr. Svein Osttveit, Director, Executive Office, Education Sector, UNESCO
- Ms. Yasmine Sherif, Executive Director, Education Cannot Wait
This Session includes two special testimonials by Dr.Sondus Alkadri, Syrian alumni of the Porto University/ Global Platform for Syrian Students and by Dr.Marian Sedlak, VicePresident for External Affairs Elect and current Liaison Officer for Human Rights and Peace Issues in the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA).
Back-ground information and contacts are available here.