The Permanent Missions of Portugal and Jordan, the Delegation of the European Union to the United Nations, the Global Alliance for Humanitarian Innovation (GAHI), Education Cannot Wait (ECW), and the Global Platform for Syrian Students (GP4SYS) are the organisers of this high-level side event aimed at discussing strategies for investing in and accelerating the scale of innovations in emergency education.
The event will take place on 24 September 2018 (11:00-13:00) at United Nations Headquarters (Conference Room 11).
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Hon. Christos Stylianides, Commissioner, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, European Union
- H.E. Dr. Bandar H.M. Hajjar, President, Islamic Development Bank
- H.E. Ambassador Nasser Kamel, Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean
- The Hon. Augusto Santos Silva, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Portugal
- The Hon. Mary Kamel Kawar, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, Jordan
- Mr. Svein Osttveit, Director, Executive Office, Education Sector, UNESCO
- Ms. Yasmine Sherif, Executive Director, Education Cannot Wait
This Session includes a segment for the “voices from the ground” with three special testimonials by Ms. Danielle Engel, coordinator of the Youth Global Compact (United Nations Population Found – UNFPA); Dr. Sondus Alkadri, Syrian alumni of the Porto University/ Global Platform for Syrian Students; Dr. Marian Sedlak, Vice-President for External Affairs Elect and current Liaison Officer for Human Rights and Peace Issues in the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA).
Back-ground information and contacts are available here.