The Global Platform for Syrian Students participated in a session on "Sustainable and Strategic Investment in Refugees" organised in the framework of the Global Donors Forum 2016 organised by the World Congress of Muslim Philanthropists.
The dialogue will be around theory, evidence, and practice of social investment with a special focus on the growing refugee population. The examples of interventions and innovation will be shared with the audience, which have effectively lead the shift from aid dependence to value creation.
- Yunus Sola, Director, Academy of Philanthropy, United Kingdom [Moderator]
- Mark Salway, Director of Social Finance, Cass Business School, City University London
- Farooq Burney, Executive Director, Al Fakhoora, Qatar
- Tayeb Al Rais, General Secretary, Awqaf and Minor Affairs Foundation, Government of Dubai, UAE
- Helena Barroco, Diplomatic Adviser to Jorge Sampaio (former President of Portugal and former UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations â€“ currently Chair of the Global Platform for Syrian Students)
- Hon. Victor-Viorel Ponta, Former Prime Minister of Romania
a) â€śResetting Giving Prioritiesâ€ť â€“ Call for Chapters
b) â€śDecision making in Muslim Givingâ€ť A joint research project of Academy of Philanthropy and University of Plymouth
For detailed information, download the GDF 2016 agenda.